Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Skyrim Stories #3

There's just the one story in this entry. 

1.  I progressed a bit further in the civil war story between the Imperial Legion and Stormcloaks. I sided with the Legion because the Stormcloaks and their leader, Ulfric, are racist, while the Legion are kind of wimpy, but are acting the best interest of everyone.

Since I progressed further, the Legion started showing up inside the walls of Whiterun (the neutral city in Skyrim).  It caught my eye the first time I saw a group of 3 of them huddled just inside the gate.  I looked at them for a few moments noting that my actions in the game were the reason they were there (side note: I love when games show your effect on the world).  Then one of them drew their bow and arrow and a frost dragon whooshes over my head.

I had never seen one attack inside a city yet.  It is awesome.  The dragon perches on top of the weapons store and hits the Legion guys with an ice blast.  I takes off again, landing further into the city, and attacks again.  It dies this time, but it kills one of the NPCs in the town (Armen.  Poor, poor Armen).

I have to say, fighting dragons in cities is even cooler than just fighting them in the open.

Also, I've sunk around 70 hours into the game (and I still two large sections of the map to explore!).  It's ridiculous how much content there is in the game.

"Ain't Nothing Wrong With That" - Robert Randolph and the Family Band

No comments: